24 May Coconut Mango Oat Porridge
Another Breakfast That Taste Like Dessert!
I used to be a savory kind of girl, never really liked the sweet stuff up until a couple of years ago. I started loving dessert! Which was quite scary as a lot of desserts can be bad for you. So I turned to fruits a lot. They are what I like to call as nature’s dessert. Here’s a breakfast recipe that is super simple to whip up anytime and will definitely leave you satisfied. It’s the Coconut Mango Oat Porridge -everyone knows that coconuts and mangoes are practically married to each other!
So creamy and deliciously sweet!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1¼ cup water
- 2 heaping tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes (can be bought toasted)
- 1 small mango (peeled and cut up)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used blue agave)
- Add oats, desiccated coconut and water into a pot and heat stovetop to medium heat
- Bring to boil
- Lower heat while stirring until cooked (about 5 minutes)
- Transfer cooked oats onto serving bowl and add sweetener and coconut milk
- Lightly toast you coconut flakes on a pan on low heat until golden brown
- Top it off with some chopped mango slices, toasted coconut flakes and serve!